Amazon Prime is a paid membership program which gives awesome discounts on shipping (which is most of the times free), and you will have premium access to Amazon Prime music, video, books, audio, books, and games.
When you sign up for Amazon Prime, you will get a free trial for your first 30 days, which will let your test lots of features of the Prime membership including free two-day shipping and early access to Amazon’s Lightning Deals.
More than 100 million users have the Prime membership. If you regularly purchase from Amazon, You might want to sign up for Amazon Prime membership.
What are the benefits of Amazon Prime?
- Free Two-Day Shipping: Amazon Prime members automatically get free two-day shipping on almost all items and orders, but if the items are not available for the two-day shipping, it will still ship for free, but it may take a day or two longer for shipping.
- Free Same-Day Delivery: If you are living in a matched zip code or if you are living near an Amazon warehouse, then you can have the delivery on the same day of order.
- Free Release-Date Delivery: When you pre-order an eligible item before the release date, then you will get the guaranteed delivery of that item on the release date of the item.
- Prime Now: Members who live in the eligible cities and zip codes will get free delivery within hours. Members have this option for using it over thousands of items, like electronics, food, gifts, and many more.
- Amazon Locker and Amazon Hub: It is a secured place where you can keep your items in cases where you don’t want your packages left unattended at your home or office after the delivery.
- Prime Early Access: Prime members have the advantage of getting early access to the Amazon Lightning Deals 30 minutes earlier than everyone else.
- Amazon Elements: Prime members get exclusive access to Amazon’s special line of vital products which are developed with the main aim of including the top quality elements on it. Initially, the products include vitamin and extra mineral and baby wipes, with the additional products in the development process.
- Amazon Dash Button: Dash buttons are a fast and convenient way of placing the order just by pressing a button. Members can buy various types of Dash buttons dedicated to the items they use the most. Dash buttons are available for the snacks, pet products, beverages, household cleaners, health, and beauty products.
- Prime Music: It is the Amazon’s music streaming service which is available for the Prime Members without any ad, and they get unlimited access to millions of songs, hundreds of Prime playlists, and self-created playlists. The service provides unlimited skips and members can download songs to their Amazon Music app to listen to the music when they are offline for free. But the app doesn’t permit to share it anywhere else.
- Audible Channels for Prime: Members have free unlimited access to the Audible channels which features the original audio series, playlists managed by topic of interest, and other audio content. Members can also enjoy listening to the best-selling titles, favorite classics, and family-focused audiobooks including Exclusive Audiobooks, all for free. The only thing the Prime members need to do is simply log into the Audible app with their Amazon Prime account to enjoy the benefits.
- Prime Reading: Prime members have special access to the Prime Reading Catalog. Members can borrow digital books, magazines, and others in order to read it on Kindle devices, Fire tablets, Fire phone, or with the Kindle app for iOS, Android and Windows
- Amazon First Reads: Prime Members have access to download the one new free pre-publication book (if not, it will contain a hefty discount) every month from the six-monthly picks on Amazon First Read’s list.
- Kindle Owner’s Lending Library: The Prime members have to access to borrows one free book every month which is readable on the Kindle devices, Fire tablet, or Fire phones from the Kindle Owner’s Lending Library. There is no expiration on the title so, Prime members can keep the title as long as they want to keep. But this service only lets members borrow one book at a time, which means that you have to return the current book to borrow a new title.
- Prime Video: You can enjoy the unlimited streaming service of TV shows and movies provided by Prime Video. To search for the titles to watch, you just have to look for the Amazon Prime logo or ‘Watch now with Amazon Prime’ in the video details. The available titles change time to time, but anyways members can create a watch list, and the service will alert you when a title on your watch list is about to expire.
- Video Add-On Subscriptions: You can opt-in order to purchase discounted subscriptions or movie rentals to add to their viewing options featuring new releases and premium television channels, like Starz and Showtime.
- Prime Photos: You get the unlimited digital storage for all your photos in Amazon Drive. Prime Photos lets you organize, search, and share photos.
- Twitch Prime: You can link your Twitch.tv account with their Amazon Prime account for accessing the special discounts on pre-orders of physical games and new releases. You can also experience the ad-free viewing and a new free Twitch channel subscription every month. Twitch Prime gives access to special free games and game content, as well.
- Prime Pantry: Prime Members who live in eligible regions can do the shopping for everyday household requirements and groceries and have their Pantry order delivered with an extra fee.
- Amazon Restaurants: If you are living in the eligible zip codes, then you can order meals from the popular restaurants in the area and get the meal delivered straight to your door.
- Amazon Fresh: You can enjoy the grocery delivery/pick-up add-on service. If you are in one of those selected areas, then you can pay an extra membership fee in order to receive free delivery on AmazonFresh orders over $50 or a flat delivery rate for orders under $50.
- Whole Foods Market Discounts: You can enjoy the additional discounts on Whole Foods Market items they purchase through Prime Pantry, AmazonFresh, Prime Now, and the Amazon.com website. In the coming days, Prime members will be receiving special discounts when they shop in-store at Whole Foods Market locations.
Rewards and Sharing
Prime Rewards: You can receive 5 percent back on Amazon purchases done with Amazon Prime Rewards Visa or Amazon Prime Store card. Prime members can opt instead to connect their checking account to a gift card using Amazon Prime Reload for 2 percent cash back.
Amazon Family: You can earn discounts on baby related stuff like diapers, baby food, baby registry items, and other baby necessities by signing to Amazon Family’s Subscription & save the program.
Amazon Household: Prime members can share some particular benefits with Amazon Household. Amazon Household service provides two adult account, up to fourteen profiles, and up to four child profiles. Family Library members can share Kindle books, games, apps, and audiobooks with their Amazon Household.
Prime Day: Prime Day is a viral one-day mega sales event which is exclusive for the Amazon Prime Members. Prime Day includes special deals, exclusive items, special Lightning Deals, and many more which are only for the Prime members.
How much Amazon Prime membership cost?
Amazon Prime subscription cost $12.99/month. But if you choose to pay annually, it will cost $119 per year, saving you $37 dollar.
Students can get a discount on the Prime membership. It will cost them $6.49/month. You can save $19 annually by paying $59 at once. If you have .edu email address, you are eligible for the student discount. Student can also get Amazon Student free trial.
You can also enjoy the discounted Amazon Prime Membership if you are a cardholder of EBT and Medicaid. It will cost $5.99 per month and $72 per year. And it is available for each user for up to four years.
You can also opt in order to subscribe only the Prime Video at a cost of $8.99 per month. But it will limit your access to any memberships perks except the Prime Video library.
Is Amazon Prime Worth It?
If you are one of those who regularly shops online and if you can afford the annual membership then Amazon Prime Membership might be the right way to save your hard-earned money.
When it comes to online shopping convenience, the standards are pretty high. You want the quick delivery service which lets the order delivered to you as fast as two hours. It just does not end in the delivery, you get a lot of benefits as being an Amazon Prime Member which makes for a sold service.
(One thing to remind you is that Amazon does offer free shipping without the Prime subscription but for that the price of the item that you order should be $25 or higher.)
If you aren’t thinking of spending money in Amazon Prime Membership then you can still experience the Prime Membership without any cost for your first 30-day trial, which may lead up to change your mind.