Set custom status on Discord and let your friends and fans know what are you up to.
For example, if you’re busy eating and don’t want to be disturbed, leaving a custom status activity on your Discord profile will inform your friends so they won’t bother you.
The custom status on Discord acts like a playing status.
How to Set Custom Status on Discord (Desktop)?
To change your Discord status, you’ll need to be signed in to your account either on the Discord web or the standalone desktop app for Windows or Mac.
Here is the step-by-step guide to set a custom status.
- Click on your profile picture at the bottom left of your app.
- Open “set a custom status.” A custom status menu will pop up. In the menu, type a message or choose an Emoji (optional). For Nitro and Nitro Classic users, you can add custom and animated Emojis!
- Set a time frame to display your custom status. You can set it for 30 minutes, 4 hours, 12 hours, or never delete it. By default, custom status is deleted after a day.
- Once done, click Save. A custom status should appear below your username.
How to set the presets?
Discord offers four preset statuses you can choose from
Online –you’re ready to play or chat.
Idle –It indicates that you’re unavailable.
Do Not Disturb –It mutes your notifications and shows that you’re unavailable.
Invisible –You’re invisible to other users but still online.
How to edit/remove custom status?
- Click on your profile picture.
- On the ‘Set a custom status’ option, enter the status you want to display
To clear or remove your custom status, click on the user profile icon at the bottom left and then click “Cross” next to your customized status.
How to set Discord Custom Status on Android and iPhone?
Like its desktop, the Discord app allows you to set custom status through a smartphone.
- Open the Discord app and tap on the hamburger menu at the top left to open the server and channel list option.
- Tap on the user icon at the bottom right of your app to open the User Settings.
- Next, open the “Set Status” to access your status settings. Tap the “Set a custom status button” at the end of the list.
- You can either set an Emoji or type a custom status or do both. Press on the Emoji to add an Emoji to your custom status.
- Next, set a period of time option for your custom status -Clear in 30 minutes, 1hr, 4hr, or Don’t Clear.
- When you’re done, press “Save!”
Editing the custom status is equally comfortable. Follow the same steps from the beginning until “Set a custom status.” You can remove the customs status by clicking on your profile picture at the bottom left and then clicking “Cross” next to your customized status.
An important thing to keep in mind is that custom statuses override other status activities in your member’s list and DM list.
Funny Discord Custom Statuses
Here is the list of funny Discord custom messages for you to try
- I’m not immature; I know how to have fun.
- It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it.
- Parachute for sale, used once, never opened!.
- Never make the same mistake twice; there are so many new ones to make.
- Life is beautiful… from Friday to Monday.
- Some people need a High-Five on the face.
- I’m not sad about being single. Instead, I’m thinking about my better half, which is single because of me.
- I don’t care what others say or think about me; at least I am attractive to mosquitoes.
- If you hate wearing a mask, it’s highly likely you’re not going to enjoy the ventilator.
- I like playing with my cat when I’m high because I don’t have one when I’m sober.
- When your Dr. says, “I’ll need to Google that, “… you know it’s time to change the doctor.
- Before Coronavirus, I’d cough to cover a fart. Now I fart to cover a cough.
- Bigfoot saw me yesterday, but no one believes him.
- I’m having a quarantine party this weekend. None of you are invited!
- 75% of gym members don’t even know their gym is closed.
- Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
- I’ll be back before you can pronounce actillimandataquerin altosapaoyabayadoondib!
- Smart people like me don’t use away messages… I am so smart!
- I am nobody. Nobody is perfect. Therefore, I am perfect!
- Why do people use away messages? They’re so stupid!