It’s a nuisance when you’re streaming your favorite game on Discord to your fans, and suddenly your private messages and social media notifications start popping up on the screen.
While this isn’t a massive problem for users streaming with their friends, popular streamers who have millions of viewers can find it troublesome. This is a usual problem because Discord streams everything that shows up on the display unless you configure it to block them from showing up.
Discord Streamer Mode is a safety feature that lets you decide what to show in the streaming and what to hide. With streamer mode enabled, you can hide personal information, notifications, alarms, and sounds from showing in your streaming.
What does Discord Streamer Mode Hide?
Now you know that Streamer mode is Discord’s safety facility that changes what your viewers can see when enabled, let’s see what Discord Streamer Mode helps to hide.
1. Hides personal information
Streamer Mode helps to hide your personal information from showing up on the streaming. The personal information may include your email addresses, social media handles, Discord server list, and voice channels.
2. Invite Links
Enabling this setting will hide any invite links that you have generated for yourself or users. This prevents random users from accessing the invitation code to join your private Discord server.
3. Mute all sounds
Streamer mode also prevents sounds from the system, Discord, social media message, etc., from invading your streaming.
4. Notification popups
Streamer mode hides social media and Discord notifications, message popups, emails from showing in your streaming.
How to Enable Discord Streamer Mode?
Before enabling Discord Streamer Mode, you’ll need to integrate the streaming application with the Discord app.
Integrate Discord with Streaming Application
- Start with opening the Discord App. Next, click on the Gear icon to access the “User Settings” menu at the bottom of the window.
- You can find the User Settings menu by tapping on the hamburger icon in your Discord mobile app.
- Tap on the “Connections” from the option on the left-hand side.
- Scroll down to the section labeled “Server Settings”
- Tap on the “Integrations” menu and then choose the platform you want to sync the streamer application and with your app.
- Finish by tapping on the “Sync box.” next to the specific platform.
Enable Streaming Application
You’d need a freeware streaming kit that integrates with the Discord app to record and stream your computer’s display. Most users rely on OBS (Open Broadcasting Software) to integrate with Discord. Xsplit is another freeware that works similarly to OBS.
- Start with downloading and installing the freeware.
- Visit the OBS Studio homepage obsproject.com to download OBS software for your computer.
- Tap on the installer file. Windows will ask your permission to run the installer. Tap on Yes.
- Proceed with installing the software by agreeing to the License Agreement.
- Once installed, tap on Finish to complete the process.
- OBS will ask permission to gain access to your Discord client. Once approved, you can start customizing the overlay in a way that suits your specific needs.
Enable Discord Stream Mode
The only thing left to do is enable Streamer mode. Open the Discord app and tap on User Settings to access the Streamer mode feature.
- You’ll find the “Streamer Mode” tab inside the User Setting.
- Tick the Enable Streamer Mode option to enable the feature.
- As an option, you can select the “Automatically Enable/Disable” feature that will automatically enable streamer on the launch of a synchronized application. (Discord chat will detect the streaming freeware you’re using and automatically allows the Streamer mode if you’re a more forgetful type.)
The Discord Streamer Mode also features four different settings that are adjustable according to your need.
- You can check on “Hide Personal Information” to hide any instance of Discord tags, email from Discord, or stream connections.
- Block any invite codes still listed in your server settings by checking on “Hide Instant Invite Links and Discord Community Links.”
- Disable Sounds to block any Discord notification sounds.
- Disable Notifications to block both Discord bot and Desktop notifications.
You can also enable the “Keybinds settings” option to toggle Streamer mode easily or off through your keyboard. You can always disable Streamer Mode manually by visiting the User Settings tab or by tapping on Keybinds settings.
By enabling streamer mode on Discord, you need not worry about revealing your private information to hundreds of viewers.