Create a Hotmail account to stay in touch with colleagues, friends, and families. You also need an email account to sign up for different newsletters, to create profiles on various social networking sites.
Hotmail email is one of the safest and organized email services; this is the reason why most of the companies use Outlook as their official email. Besides this, a Hotmail account can be used to explore multiple utility software provided by Microsoft like Skype, OneDrive, Xbox, Groove music, etc.
You should know that Hotmail and Outlook service are same. Already have an account? Sign in to Hotmail email.
In this tutorial, we will provide you the simplified procedure to create a new Hotmail account. It will take only a few minutes to complete the sign-up process.
Create a Hotmail Account using a web browser
- Open Hotmail.com in any internet browser you prefer.
- At the center of the page you will see a ‘Create Free Account’ option; click that.
- Hotmail Sign Up page will appear. Enter the email ID you want. If the email you desire has already been taken, then you will be asked to change the ID. This process will repeat until you enter unique email ID.
- Now, if you wish to register @hotmail.com as your email ID then click on the inverted triangle to the right of the box and then select ‘hotmail.com’ from the drop-down menu. Once you are done click ‘Next.’
- After choosing your desired email address, enter the password. The password should be easy for you to remember and difficult for others to guess. It should be a combination of alphabets, numbers and special characters.
For example, your password might be: “first three letters of your [email protected] three number of your birth year#.” And most of all make sure that you don’t share your password with anyone. After this, you can uncheck the box ‘Send me promotional emails from Microsoft,’ though it might be beneficial sometimes.
- You need to provide your first and last name then click Next. We recommend you to use your real name as this will name be displayed when someone receives emails from you.
- Select your country/region, your date of birth from the drop-down list that appears when you click on the downward arrow at the right of each box; after that click on ‘Next.’
- Microsoft needs to verify that you are human, not some bot creating a new Hotmail Email. They may ask to confirm with your mobile number. Or you’ll be asked to enter the captcha code. If you have a problem identifying captcha code you can ask for new captcha code or audio code as per your preference.
- Your new Hotmail account has been created. You will be guided to customize your account as per your need like the selection of languages, themes, adding a signature, etc. After this, your Hotmail account is finally ready for use. Enjoy!!
Benefits of free Hotmail sign up
- It’s free email service along with other services like Calendar, Skype, etc. which runs on small ads on the sidebar of your windows so that you don’t have to pay for the services you get from Hotmail.
- The availability of a Hotmail account is tremendous. You can use the services from PC, laptops, mobile devices, tablets, etc. You can have your Hotmail email account in just a few steps and login to it even in lesser time.
- It has industry level security features and provides end to end encryption level to its users.
- Switching to Hotmail email is free and easy. The contacts and calendar can be imported to your brand new Hotmail email in just a few clicks from your previous emails like Yahoo mail, Gmail, etc.
- One login for all Microsoft products. Creating a new Hotmail Email will give you access to many Microsoft services like Skype, Onedrive, Onenote, Xbox. You can use your Hotmail email to sign in to all of these services and even save the progress either its Xbox or OneNote.
- Hotmail has zero tolerance for spam and has industry standard protection to its millions of users.
- All your emails on one page. You don’t have to click next page to see your previous emails. Hotmail has all its email on one page. You need to keep scrolling until you get what you were looking for.
- Easy to move emails to different folders. With just holding the curser and you can move the emails to different folders or even archive it.
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)