You can log in to Outlook email from the mobile app, Windows app, through web-browser on PC or Mac. Outlook.com login process is different in mobile and PC. With following login instruction, you will be able to complete the login process for Windows Live Mail and Hotmail as well.
Outlook Email Login via Windows PC and Mac
There are multiple ways to access Outlook email on Windows PC. You can use web-browser or default Mail app. Here is how you can sign in to Outlook email from the desktop/laptop.
- Go to Outlook.com from a web browser. As Microsoft has unified it’s login page; you can log in to all Microsoft account from the same page.
- Select Sign In.
- Type your full email address and click Next.
- Enter the password of the Outlook email account and Sign in. Check the option ‘Keep me signed in’ if you don’t want to enter login credentials each time.
After successful sign in, you’ll reach Outlook Inbox, from where you can send/receive emails, delete, archive and categorize all your emails.
Outlook Email Sign in via Windows App
Windows 10 has default Mail app to manage your emails. Benefits of using Mail app is you can add multiple email accounts to the app.
- Open ‘Mail’ app from the Windows menu. If you already don’t have it, go to Windows store and search ‘Mail and Calendar’ and install the app.
- Click ‘Accounts,’ and a new sidebar menu appears on the right side click on ‘Add account.’
- Choose Outlook.com and enter your Outlook account login details.
After signing from the app, you can add another Outlook/Hotmail, Gmail or any other email.
Outlook Email Login from Mobile
There are various ways to access Outlook email from mobile. You can sign in using the mobile browser, Outlook mobile app or 3rd party email like Gmail app.
Signing in from the mobile browser is the same as a desktop browser. You won’t get notification from browser login, and it’s a tedious process to access inbox. So, we recommend Outlook mobile app.
Microsoft has created the best email client for iPhone and Android devices. Microsoft Outlook is the combination of email, calendar, cloud storage, and contact solution.
- Step 1: Download Outlook App on your mobile or tablet. Go to PlayStore/AppStore from your device and search Outlook or Download directly with the following links.
Outlook mobile app for Android
Microsoft Outlook app for iOS
- Open the Outlook mobile app and tap ‘Get started.’ It is very easy to follow on-screen instruction.
- Type your Outlook email account and tap Add Account.
- Enter password of your account and tap ‘Sign in.’
- The app will ask ‘Would you like to add another account?’ you can add if you’ve another account.
- For the first time, you’ll be shown the features of the app. You can skip it.
Congratulations, you are successfully signed in to Outlook inbox.