Why change Twitter password?
Using the old password for a long period is not a good practice. Change your password periodically to secure your account from being compromised.
Recycling password is not a good idea. Are you using the same password for multiple accounts? It’s time to change it now.
Your Twitter account hold many of your private information. And if your Twitter gets hacked, the hacker may misuse your handle. So, if you have a very short or common password then change it right now.
How to change Twitter password from web-browsers?
- Log in to Twitter account with your login credentials.
- Click on your profile icon and choose Settings and privacy option at the top right corner of the home page.
- Select the Password option from the left sidebar menu.
- In the Twitter password change page, provide your current password in the first box. Create a new password and type again in the respective fields.
- Hit Save changes and your password change process is complete.
Change Twitter password from the mobile
You can change your Twitter account password via a Twitter mobile app available on all the supported version of iOS, Android and Windows mobile store.
- Open the Twitter app on your mobile and login to it if you haven’t yet.
- Tap on the profile icon at the top of the app to open sidebar menu.
- Select Setting and privacy option to open Twitter setting page.
- Choose Account from the Setting and privacy page.
- Under Login and security heading, tap on Password.
- Enter your current password and create a new password and confirm it. Your new password should be at least 6 characters long.
- Hit Update password. Your password is now changed.
Twitter Password Reset
Forgot Twitter password? No need to worry, we will guide you through several possible ways for Twitter password recover. You just need your mobile number or email address you used for creating your Twitter account. You can reset the password from mobile or desktop using web browser available.
- Go to Twitter.com and click on Log in.
- Click on Forgot password.
- Enter your email or phone number associated with Twitter account or username and click Search.
- Select how you want to get the verification code. If you have only one recovery method associated with your account, you will receive the code automatically by asking you to choose. If you have both of them, select the option you can access. Click Continue.
- Now check your mobile or email inbox to receive your verification code enter the received code on the box and hit submit. If you didn’t get the text message, then click on ‘I didn’t receive the text message’ to try once more.
- Now create your new password. Enter your new password, enter one more time to confirm it. Finally, click on Submit to complete Twitter password recovery.